Friday, January 18, 2019
The Feast of St. Margaret of Hungary
To honor their promise to save their country from invaders, the king and queen of Hungary offered their next child to God, and thus St. Margaret of Hungary was sent to a Dominican convent at the age of 3. She refused to let her title of “princess” bring her special treatment and she would do the smallest of tasks with the greatest of charity. Each Lent she would barely sleep or eat, using that time to spend with the Eucharist in prayer. On Holy Thursday she would wash the feet of her sisters and the servants. Miracles were attributed to her prayers while she lived, and after her death at age 28 in 1270, more miracles were credited to her intercession. Her case for sainthood began soon after her death but actual canonization did not happen until 1943.
6:00amET: The Son Rise Morning Show with Anna Mitchell & Matt Swaim
- March for Life Preview with Jeanne Mancini, President of the March for Life & keynote speaker Abby Johnson.
- Janet Morana shares information on the Silent No More Awareness Campaign on post-abortive testimonies at the Supreme Court.
7:00amET: Morning Glory with Deacon Harold Burke-Sivers, Gloria Purvis & Fr. Tom Ferguson
- Gearing up for today’s March for Life!
9:00amET: March for Life – Live from Washington, DC
4:00pmET: Kresta in the Afternoon with Al Kresta 1-877-573-7825
- Al continues the March for Life coverage with Teresa Tomeo.
- Rachel Fulton Brown, author of The Quest for the Historical Mary discusses her book.
6:00pmET: Catholic Answers Live 1-888-318-7884
- Steven Greydanus – Screen Time: Catholics & Film
- Catholic Answers Quiz Show
8:00pmET: Father Spitzer’s Universe on EWTN Radio & TV
- Explaining the Doctrine of the Trinity and the Incarnation: Fr. Robert Spitzer and Doug Keck provide answers for questions on faith and reason, digging into the mystery of Jesus coming to us as a human while remaining part of an unbreakable, Triune God.
9:00pmET: EWTN News Nightly with Lauren Ashburn on EWTN Radio & TV
- Get the Catholic news perspective on top stories and daily reports from around the world.