National Shrine of Little Flower & Detroit Institute of Art
Muskegon Community College’s Center for Experiential Learning in tandem with Saint Francis De Sales Catholic Church of Norton Shores is planning a trip to the National Shrine of the Little Flower in Royal Oaks, MI.
In addition to seeing, hearing and experiencing the power of St. Therese of Lisieux and her ministry, we will explore the works of the famous priest of the parish, Father Charles Coughlin, who was the earliest national radio evangelist.
We will continue our day with the Detroit Institute of Art (DIA), where we will explore one of the finest art collections in all of America. Our guided tour will explore the Great Masters of the Renaissance as well as other periods. We end at John King’s Bookstore, the largest in the Midwest.
Dinner will be on your own in Detroit’s Greektown restaurant district.
For $75 a seat, you will receive the following amenities on our trip • Round trip travel on a COMPASS COACH motor coach. Restrooms, wifi and a complete presentation system on the bus.
• All tickets for all venues including the Shrine and the DIA
• A guide tour of the Shrine and the DIA Museum
• A lecture and film on the bus about Father Charles Coughlin and St. Therese by MCC History Professor, George Maniates.
• See and Explore the famous Diego Rivera mural on Industry at the DIA
• All meals are on your own
Book Your Trip By Calling 231-777-0380 Ask for Mary Schutt
Muskegon Community College
Center for Experiential Learning
221 S. Quarterline Road Room 242D
Checks, Cash or Credit Cards