Monday, January 7, 2019
The Feast of St. Raymond of Penyafort
Ordained at the age of 47, St. Raymond of Penyafort requested a penance for his previous life; the result was his work, Summa de Casibus Poenitentiae, a book for confessors. At Pope Gregory IX’s instruction, he collected all the official letters of the popes from 1150 to 1230 which he compiled into five volumes, the Decretals. These were considered the best organized collections of Church law until the codification of canon law in 1917. At the age of 63 he was elected head of the Dominicans; in two years he reorganized their constitutions then resigned. For the next 35 years he worked for the conversion of the Spanish Moors, and established language schools to help in the evangelization of non-Christians. At least 10,000 Muslims were believed to have converted due to his evangelistic works. He died at 100 in 1275.
6:00amET: The Son Rise Morning Show with Anna Mitchell & Matt Swaim
- Kevin Schmiesing: This week in Catholic history
- Lisa Hendey offers insights on New Year’s tech resolutions.
7:00amET: Morning Glory
- Alan Holdren with the Catholic News Agency talks about all things Rome.
9:00amET: Catholic Connection with Teresa Tomeo 1-877-573-7825
- Steve Ray shares the origins of the Epiphany.
- Mallory Quigley examines the Democrats latest push for abortion funding.
10:00amET: More2Life with Dr. Greg & Lisa Popcak 1-877-573-7825
- Your Emotional Best – Discover how you can have a healthier emotional life!
11:00amET: Women of Grace with Johnnette Williams 1-833-288-EWTN (3986)
- Johnnette has a special program for women—and all who want to know women’s spirituality better.
1:00pmET: The Doctor Is In with Dr. Ray Guarendi
- “E-Mail Monday” – Dr. Ray answers your e-mails
2:00pmET: Called to Communion with Dr. David Anders 1-833-288-EWTN (3986)
- David takes calls from non-Catholics and fallen away Catholics.
3:00pmET: EWTN Open Line Monday with John Martignoni 1-833-288-EWTN (3986)
- John answers all your apologetics questions.
4:00pmET: Kresta in the Afternoon 1-877-573-7825
- Wes Smith discusses advances in cloning and spread of assisted suicide
- Nina Shea looks at the biggest persecution stories from 2018.
6:00pmET: Catholic Answers Live 1-888-318-7884
- Trent Horn: Why Aren’t You Religious?
8:00pmET: The Journey Home with Marcus Grodi on EWTN Television & Radio
- Dr. Matthew Bunson, son of converts
9:00pmET: EWTN News Nightly with Lauren Ashburn on EWTN Television & Radio
- Get the Catholic news perspective on top stories and daily reports from around the world.
|Coming Monday, January 14, 2019 on EWTN Domestic Radio
It’s the start of a new day and a new year for Morning Glory as the “Dynamic Deacon” Harold Burke-Sivers joins Gloria Purvis and the Morning Glory team, talking about everything important to today’s Catholic.
Morning Glory, It’s Catholic from Coast to Coast!