Tuesday, January 15, 2019
The Feast of St. Arnold Janssen
Desiring to serve others in missionary work, St. Arnold Janssen left Germany for the Netherlands where he founded Societas Verbi Divini (Society of the Divine Word). His publication on missions, The Little Messenger of the Sacred Heart, expanded to the magazine, Stadt Gottes (City of God)and created rapid growth in the Society; soon lay brothers were added as well as the Holy Spirit Missionary sisters for women. Missions spread all over the world including the US. The American SVD in Bay St. Louis, Mississippi, opened in 1920 and many black American priests have trained there, including six bishops by 1995. St. Arnold Janssen died in 1909 and was canonized by Pope John Paul II.
6:00amET: The Son Rise Morning Show with Anna Mitchell & Matt Swaim
- Dr. Kevin Vost discusses his book, How to Think Like Aquinas.
- Alexis Walkenstein continues sharing Fulton Sheen’s thoughts on “Power from on High”.
7:00amET: Morning Glory with Gloria Purvis, Deacon Harold Burke-Sivers & Fr. Edward Looney
- Discussion includes Pope Francis’ baptism of 27 babies this past Sunday for the Feast of the Baptism of the Lord.
9:00amET: Catholic Connection with Teresa Tomeo 1-877-573-7825
- Joan Lewis gives the latest Vatican News.
- Patricia Sandoval, former Planned Parenthood worker turned international pro-life and chastity speaker.
11:00amET: Women of Grace with Johnnette Williams 1-833-288-EWTN (3986)
- Johnnette has a special program for women—and all who want to know women’s spirituality better.
1:00pmET: The Doctor Is In with Dr. Ray 1-877-573-7825
- Dr. Ray Guarendi takes your calls about family, marriage & relationships.
2:00pmET: Called to Communion with Dr. David Anders 1-833-288-EWTN (3986)
Encores Tonight at 11:00pmET
- David answers calls from non-Catholics and fallen away Catholics.
3:00pmET: EWTN Open Line Tuesday with Fr. Wade Menezes 1-833-288-EWTN (3986)
- Fr. Wade Menezes takes your calls on Faith, Family & Fellowship
4:00pmET: Kresta in the Afternoon 1-877-573-7825
- Al talks with Mark Vroegop (ve-ROW-gup), pastor of Purdue fan Tyler Trent who passed away from cancer.
- Dr. Gerry Bradley gives a sober analysis of the PA Grand Jury report.
6:00pmET: Catholic Answers Live 1-888-318-7884
- Open Forum with Colin Donovan & Tim Staples
8:00pm ET: Mother Angelica Live Classics on EWTN Radio & TV
- John 21: Mother mentions the martyrs. From the Christians in the Coliseum to the martyr deaths of various popes, these Christians did not die for a memory but a living God–Jesus.
9:00pmET: EWTN News Nightly with Lauren Ashburn on EWTN Radio & TV
- Get the Catholic news perspective on top stories and daily reports from around the world.