Wednesday, January 23, 2019
The Feast of St. Marianne Cope
Also known as St. Marianne of Moloka’i, St. Marianne Cope entered religious life in Syracuse, NY, where she served as teacher and principal of several schools before establishing two hospitals in the area. When a call asking Catholic sisters to provide health care in Hawaii, specifically with the mission of caring for victims of leprosy, her community was the only one of fifty to say yes. Her sisters are still at work on the island of Moloka’i today, and just as St. Marianne told her sisters that they would not contract the disease, none ever have. Pope Benedict, at her canonization in 2005, said, “she is a shining and energetic example of the best of the tradition of Catholic nursing sisters…”.
6:00amET: The Son Rise Morning Show with Anna Mitchell & Matt Swaim
- Marcel LeJeune shares how to evangelize fallen away Catholics.
- Helen Alvare (al-VAH-ray) discusses The New York Times’ editorial board’s special opinion section on “A Woman’s Rights”.
7:00amET: Morning Glory with Deacon Harold Burke-Sivers, Gloria Purvis & Fr. Vincent DeRosa
- Recent attacks on religious freedom
9:00amET: Catholic Connection with Teresa Tomeo 1-877-573-7825
- Discussion continues surrounding the Covington Catholic Student controversy.
- Joan Lewis with Vatican news.
11:00amET: Women of Grace with Johnnette Williams 1-833-288-EWTN (3986)
- Johnnette has a special program for women—and all who want to know women’s spirituality better.
1:00pmET: The Doctor Is In with Dr. Ray Guarendi
- Dr. Ray Guarendi answers your questions about family, marriage & relationships.
2:00pmET: Called to Communion with Dr. David Anders 1-833-288-EWTN (3986)
Encores Tonight at 11:00pmET
- David answers calls from non-Catholics and fallen away Catholics.
3:00pmET: EWTN Open Line Wednesday with Fr. Mitch Pacwa 1-833-288-EWTN (3986)
Encores Tonight at 10:00pmET
- Fr. Mitch Pacwa takes your calls on Church Teachings.
4:00pmET: Kresta in the Afternoon with Al Kresta 1-877-573-7825
- George Schwartz speaks on morally responsible investing.
6:00pmET: Catholic Answers Live 1-888-318-7884
- Fr. Hugh Barbour – The Chaplain is In
- Why Are You Pro-Choice? – Stephanie Gray
8:00pm ET: EWTN Live with Fr. Mitch Pacwa on EWTN Radio & TV
- Fr. Mitch Pacwa sits down with Major Archbishop Sviatoslav Shevchuk (s’va-TIS-lahv shev-CHUCK) the Ukrainian Catholic Church for a special interview from the 2018 Knights of Columbus Convention.
9:00pmET: EWTN News Nightly with Lauren Ashburn on EWTN Television & Radio
- Get the Catholic news perspective on top stories and daily reports from around the world.